Child Passenger Safety & Resources
Your SPFD volunteers and staff have been specially trained by the NC DOT to assist you with your child’s car seat needs. If you have a question, need guidance choosing a seat, or simply would like assistance with making sure you are using an existing seat correctly, stop by and see us. We’ll be happy to assist you.
The Stoney Point Fire Department is proud to support Child Passenger Safety. An estimated four out of five children are improperly restrained in their car seats or booster seats. We will gladly check the restraint system and recall lists to ensure your child’s safety. You can get your child’s restraint system checked at either of the following locations Monday – Sunday 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Station #13 – 7221 Stoney Point Road, Fayetteville, NC 28306. Phone: 910-424-0694
- Station #19 – 2190 Lake Upchurch Road, Parkton, NC 28371. Phone: 910-263-8900 – please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Please take some time to browse the following links for more information about child safety seats and other child safety tips.
- Highway Safety Research Center
- National Center for Injury Prevention & Control
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Safe Kids Campaign
- NC Child Safety Seat and Seat Belt Information
- North Carolina Safe Kids – by OSFM
- Office of Defects Investigation
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission
Emergency Preparedness Links
“ABCs” of Tropical Cyclones
Hurricane Survival Guide 2010
[ Back to top ]